Written by Dyami Millarson
Most of our 2019 New Year resolutions have been achieved. We are very determined to always keep our word once we have made a commitment. I discussed my own 2019 achievements in my previous article. I did not yet mention that I opened some webshops for the first time to raise funds for saving minority languages and cultures. This was also a first-time experience in 2019. Our New Year resolutions for 2020 are:
- We will produce more articles in/about Saterlandic, Heligolandic and Elfdalian this year.
- I will finish my reports about our language study of Saterlandic, Heligolandic and Elfdalian in 2019.
- We will do our Saterlandic, Heligolandic and Elfdalian projects this year: we will meet the last speakers & present our results to the media.
- I hope to travel to China and get new ideas for our 2020 language projects. Moreover, I want to write about Chinese cuisine, culture and language not only in Emglish but also in the endangered languages we will promote this year: Saterlandic, Heligolandic & Elfdalian.
- I will practise Chinese this year as preparation for my China trip.
- I want to take beautiful pictures in China to use for our blog.
- We will do our best to raise funds for my China trip to blog about language, culture and food and for our language projects in Europe. Please support us!
- We hope that my China trip can be achieved in the 1st half of 2020 and our European adventure in the 2nd half.
We hope to achieve these goals in 2020 and we will definitely need your help!
We like using our own funds and doing our work for free or the lowest possible cost, but after so much hard work in 2019, we have reached a point where we need funds to continue our initiative and reach the next stage. 2020 will mostly be about acquiring the practical things we need in order to promote minority languages on a worldwide scale. We hit the 1500 followers mark in 2019; we need to continue to update our blog on a daily basis in order to reach a large worldwide audience that will help us protect languages and cultures that are in danger of extinction.