Written by Dyami Millarson
Yesterday I wrote an article about our New Year resolutions. One of our resolutions is a one-month trip to China to blog on a daily basis about Chinese language, culture and food. This is very important for our initiative as a next step. I will use this China trip to write relevant travel articles in three endangered languages: Saterlandic, Heligolandic and Elfdalian. This trip is our final preparation for our 2020 European project for those 3 endangered languages. We hope to connect East and West in our 2020 project, because we have always been inspired by a combination of Western and Eastern philosophy.
Since 2016, we have been using our own funds to help (last) speakers and promote (endangered) languages. Basically, we have been practising philanthropy on a relatively small scale (we haven’t spent millions but thousands to help others). However, we can now use your help. We worked really hard in 2019 to learn 3 languages and we discovered that we need support in order to do our next project. Please visit our FundMyTravel page, you may read my travel story/plan and you may support our work with a donation (starting from at least 5 Euros, the money should be automatically converted if you are using another currency in your country):
Your support means a lot to us!
If you are willing to help us, we are willing to do something for you in return:
- We’ll mention your name and website/blog/business on our blog if you donate 50+ Euros.
- We will actively promote your business/blog/website on our blog if you donate 100+ Euros.
- We will make you one of our main sponsors and we will send you a 1 OZ silver coin if you donate 500+ Euros.
- If you donate 1000+ Euros, we will send you 1 gram of Alaska gold nuggets and if you want, we can produce a special thank you video on YouTube.
- If you donate 2000+ Euros, we will give you regular video calls during our trip to give you updates & share our language-learning tips with you. After all, we can learn foreign languages in 1-3 months and we believe you can too!
Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your reward if you donated any of the above-mentioned amounts.
We are not sure we can reach the full amount we need for this trip, only you can decide whether to make this possible!